Close this search box.

Contact Us

Become a member: Join Us

Questions: At the end of this page are Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ). Please refer to the FAQ for an answer to your question. To find early childhood services in your area go to the National Registrar of Early Childhood Services.

Feedback: We welcome your feedback. Let us know of errors, broken links, statements or information that needs updating or is wrong.

Replies: We are sorry that due to the large volume of emails we receive not every email can be individually replied to – but rest assured, your email will be read. As a general rule we do not reply to and give advice on individual personal circumstances – please contact a lawyer or your local community advice centre.

The Office of ECE White Logo

Contact Form

Mail us

Mail us:  [email protected]

Media enquiries outside of working hours:  [email protected]

Working Hours

Mon-Fri: 8am to 6pm

Have a question?

Frequently Asked Question

Yes!  We would love to hear from you. If you would like to do good (and be seen to do good), there are ways to help.

To discuss what you might offer or do, contact us at [email protected].

To be published by The OECE you need to have a high level of knowledge about the topic you are writing about.

Send us a brief resume to tell us who you are, your education history, and a brief outline of the topic or story you are keen to write.

Email: [email protected].

I have a question about funding for my ECE service, who do I ask? Contact the Ministry of Education at [email protected].

See general information on funding rates on the Office of ECE website here.

I have a question about what is permissible for my ECE service to charge in fees, who do I ask? Email the Ministry of Education at [email protected].

I have a question about submission or storage of information on children and my service in the Ministry of Education’s national database (ELI), who can I ask?

Email the Ministry of Education at [email protected].

The Early Resolution Service within the Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment (MBIE) is a free phone-based service for employees and employers to use for help to resolve a workplace issue quickly, and before it becomes too serious or needs a more formal process.

Contact WorkSafe for workplace health and safety queries.  You can also report health and safety issues, such as workplace bullying, to WorkSafe.

Should children be affected make a formal complaint to the Ministry of Education, so it knows and it can make a licensing intervention if necessary.

See the national register of services at

Walk around your local area to see what centres are within walking distance.  Check out home-based care options.  People such as Plunket Nurses and the children’s librarian at your local Library can be good to chat with for their local knowledge.

To make a complaint against an ECE service there are direct and indirect options available.

If your complaint is about a specific worker or teacher at the service, tell their employer so they can investigate and see if a resolution can be found.

Should the employer or service provider be a registered teacher and the person you have concerns about, you may make a complaint to the Ministry of Education (or indirectly using My ECE’s online complaint form).

The Teaching Council deals with complaints against registered teachers. Members of the public can make a report direct to the Teaching Council should there be concerns about a teacher’s behaviour or competence. However, the process is not confidential and copies of the complaint form and any documents you provide to the Council will be provided to the teacher.

Note that employers (or former employers) must make a mandatory report to the Teaching Council about a teacher in circumstances that include dismissal, serious misconduct, competency issues, or if the teacher leaves employment following a complaint being made to the service provider and within 12 months of the complaint.

Getting honest feedback from parents is vital to maintaining and improving quality for children.

Find out about the parent survey service

See the “Formula for Quality ECE

We got the Minister of Education, NZEI, and early childhood groups talking about pay parity with school teachers when they were adamant that pay equity (based on pay rates for a comparable male-dominated occupation) or market rates of pay should prevail. READ MORE.

Join our Facebook group

It’s been more than 20 years since Dr Sarah Alexander’s ground breaking research which highlighted the low proportion of men in early childhood teaching and identified gender bias. Yet, the issue has yet to be properly addressed in education policy.  READ MORE. At The OECE we have a deep knowledge that can be used to better inform recruitment and employment practices. We can provide political leaders and decision-makers with guidance on how to address gender bias in education policy and achieve gender-balance in the ECE workforce. A scholarship award is provided as a way of saying to men that they are welcome to become early childhood teachers – the ‘Men in ECE Invitation Award’.

The Office of ECE Login

Take Action!

Help spread this vital ECE information, join our free social and email groups and become a member of OECE.

pay parity funding policy

1. Share This Information

2. Follow Our Social Pages

3. Get Regular Updates

Sign up to our free newsletters.

4. Become a Member